I hope that all of you guys are having a wonderful day! My family and I celebrated our Thankgiving dinner last night in which I cooked a quite yummy feast! We invited a couple of our good friends over and had a blast.
It was our first Thanksgiving to have our son with us (out of the womb lol) so I wanted to make it super special.
I made a cajun herb turkey, corn casserole, and bacon wrapped green beans!
Here are my recipes:
Cajun Herb Turkey
- 1 15lb. Whole Turkey
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup softened salted butter (use REAL butter)
- 4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Thyme
- 2 tbsp. Sage
- 2 tbsp. Rosemary
- 2 tbsp. Chives
- 2 Tbsp. Parsely
- 2 Tbsp. Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning
- 1 Cajun flavored marinade injection kit
- Two days prior to roasting, inject the turkey with the cajun flavored marinade. My favorite places to inject are the breasts to help keep things moist and flavorful because if the white meat is good, you know the whole bird will be absolutely delicious!
- Prior to roasting, set out the raw turkey to room temp for at least 30 minutes.
- Peheat your oven for 325 degrees.
- Mix softened butter with herbs, salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning until well blended.
- Using your hands (or a glove), take a quarter sized amount of the butter mixture at a time and rub it beneath the skin of the breast.
- Next, rub some of the mixture all over the outer skin of the turkey.
- Place your turkey in a roasting pan and pour the entire can of chicken broth around the base of the turkey.
- Tent your turkey with aluminum foil.
- Place the turkey in the oven and set your timer for 4 hours. On the last hour or so, remove the aluminum foil to brown the skin.
- When done, let sit for at least 30 minutes prior to carving.
- 1 box Jiffy
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 15oz. can cream corn
- 1 15oz. can corn
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 greased glass pan.
- Bake for one hour.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 1 package smoked bacon
- 2 cans WHOLE green beans
- Sea salt/Pepper to taste
- Cut bacon strips in half and drain the cans of green beans.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Take 4 whole green bean pieces and wrap them in the strip of bacon, like a bundle.
- Lay in a row on a greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.